Jonard Tools MS-6 Mid Span Fiber Optic Cable Slitter (1.2 mm - 3mm)
The patented and award-winning MS-6 Mid Span Slit Tool is designed to provide easy access to optical fibers in outer jackets and loose buffer tubes. With 6 precision grooves to handle various cable sizes, the sleek ergonomic design allows you to open a fiber jacket or buffer tube without damaging the fiber inside.
- Consists of 6 precision slitting grooves ranging in size from 1.2 mm to 3.3 mm
- Compact design weighing less than 2.5 oz with included tethering hole makes it perfect to use in tight spaces or on the go
- Indicator line on top of the unit indicates the position of the blade for accurate slitting and ringing
- This tool was specially designed for use on OFS EZ-Bend® 3.0 mm cable and also works with Corning’s outdoor ALTOS® loose tube, Microduct MiniXtend® HD and MiniXtend® cable with binderless FastAccess® Technology, indoor/outdoor FREEDM® and LSZH® loose tube cables, PPC Semiflex 3 mm cable, and other similar style cables
- Replacement blade set available, part number: MSB-1533
- Blades last for 5,000 slits/cuts
- All of our MS Series Mid Span Tools are patented for their unique design and functionality. Our MS-426 won the 2019 Cabling Installation & Maintenance Gold award for innovation and our MS-6 won the same prestigious award in 2018!
Groove Sizes: 1.2-1.5 mm | 1.5-1.8 mm | 1.8-2.1 mm | 2.1-2.5 mm | 2.5-2.9 mm | 2.9-3.3 mm
|Number of Slitting Grooves|
Outer Jackets, Loose Buffer Tubes
1.2 mm-3.3 mm
2.20″ x 0.83″ x 1.50″ (5.6 cm x 2.1 cm x 3.8 cm)